Monday, September 3, 2012

Stress & Philippians 4:13

This may be the last post I'll have time to write for some time.  School is back in full swing and football season is  underway.  With a pee wee football player and a 7th grade player (who is also in band), we are super busy with practices and games.  It seems that Brantley will be extra busy this year.  Not only will he play football, but he will be playing drums at all the Jr. High home games.  He is really growing up on me.  I am seeing a glimpse of what high school is going to be like and it makes me a little sad.  He is becoming more and more independent and is extremely embarassed by his really cool parents;-)  What is happening??

I am taking my first class for my Master's degree. I am pursuing a degree in Health Sciences and this particular course is focusing on health education, different philosophies involved in that, and the application of those philosophies.  It is actually interesting and relevant to what I do, but I am a bit rusty in APA format (actually, don't know that I've ever used it).  I have my first assignment almost completey done and it's not due until September 10th hso I'm feeling ok.

I volunteered to lead my ladies Bible study this Thursday.  I'm not sure if I had a momentary lapse in my sanity or what, but I opened my big mouth and offered to do it.  I haven't had the time I would have liked to prepare, but it pays to be a preacher's daughter in times like these!  I have some commentaries and some advice from him and I think I will get through it.  I made an outline last night of the points I want to cover so I've made progress, right?

At the beginning of last week, I felt completely overwhelmed.  I went from summer vacation with zero responsibilities to full time work, after school activities, and online class work.  Just a bit of a shock to my system.  I have been praying and asking God to give me grace to get through and as always, He has.  I can only take one moment at a time.  I have found that when I look at everything I have to accomplish, it scares me.  It's too much.  I can never get it done.  But, if I take one thing at a time, calm down, and focus, things become more manageable and I find my days more productive.  I was watching Joyce Meyer yesterday and she used a paraphrase of Philippians 4:13 that I love:  I have everything in me that I need to do whatever it is that Christ wants me to do.  That really put things into perspective for me.

I did have something exciting happen to me this week.  I entered the Project Hope Raffle a couple of weeks ago.  I left my comment, but the procrastinator that I am....paid my fee at the last minute.  Probably a couple of hours before the raffle was closed.  I was at the dentist's office for a braces consultation for my 10 year old (can you say more stress!!!) and thought I'd check to see who the winner was.  I COULD NOT believe it when I saw my name.  I'm sure the people in the waiting room thought I was nuts, but I was super excited.  I won some great prizes and I was glad to be part of a great ministry.  Check it out at www.bitsofsplendor.com

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day.  I'm trying to enjoy the last holiday I'll have for a while.  I'm linking up with Laura @ www.bitsofsplendor.com
Be sure to check out her blog.  Lots of exciting things happening there!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You are going to be busy! Good luck with your studies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a blogger!!! And... it is so great! May God continue to bless and watch over you and your family during these busy times. Don't forget a bit of quiet time every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. best wishes on your master's!

    every year. i say. this year, i'm taking it easy. i'm not volunteering for anything. and every year. i end up fibbing. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found you via BoS...
    First Yea for winning such an awesome raffel
    Second I am glad I found you and I am your newest follower
    and Third you will be in my prayers sister because you have a LOT on your plate, but God's Grace is always enough, remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following girls! Thanks for your kind words and encouragement:-)

    ReplyDelete