Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Vision Too Small

I was driving home tonight from our ladies' bible study at church and listened to a sermon in which the preacher was talking about the decay of our nation and its effects on the family.  Something he said in the midst of his sermon reached out and shook me.  He spoke about praying for his children.  And their children.  And their children.  And their children.  He spoke about our vision for our kids, for our families.  About how sometimes they just aren't big enough.  Many of us simply want our children to stay away from drugs, make good grades, go to college, become successful, etc.  My goodness, how we limit God!  How I limit God.   What if we prayed for our children to make a mighty difference in this country, this world even, for God?  What if we prayed this way for our families?  Paul tells us in the book of Ephesians that God is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than we can even ask or think.  Amazing.  I can't even fathom what God can do in my life and in my family if I don't place limits on Him.  I am praying specifically for a need in my family right now and God revealed to me tonight that His plan far exceeds mine.  I want to be faithful to pray.  I want to be faithful to believe that God can do marvelous things in the lives of my children.  I want to be faithful in believing that God can do phenomenal things in my marriage and in the life of my husband.  I don't want to put limits on a limitless God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment