Monday, August 6, 2012

Thrifty Love Gift Exchange

To be honest, I can't remember exactly where I came across the Thrifty Love Gift Exchange, but I thought it was a really neat idea from the moment I read about it.  Being new to the blogging world, I am amazed to see all the friendships that bloggers have formed across the miles.  It is so encouraging.  I thought this gift exchange would be a wonderful way to meet another blogger and hopefully form a lifelong friendship.  I signed up and anxiously waited for my match.  I was super excited when I got it and my match (Beth Ann @ www.bahlikeasheep.blogpot.com) and I exchanged information and on the hunt I went.  I live in a rural area so my thrifting is sometimes limited by distance/time.  And as all of you thrifters know, some days you're hot and some days you're not:-(   I felt like my hunt was a bust, but I did find some cute birdie S & P shakers and a prayer plate.  I didn't take photos before I sent (silly me).  I was really nervous that my gift exchange buddy wouldn't be impressed, but I sent my package off hoping she'd at least be touched by my sentiment, right??

I got my package in a few days later and my girl went above and beyond!  She got me these pretty books that have found a home in my kitchen and added a pop of color.  (Beth Ann, I didn't put them in the windowsill.  I placed them in a cabinet with a glass door and they look great!) 


Ok, so this is where she goes above & beyond.  She also threw in this super cute Forever 21 necklace.


But the best part, was the card.  Funny how things work.  I had worried that she wouldn't like my gift, that she would open it and be disappointed.  Her sweet card told me she was afraid of the very same thing!  So silly that we worry about such things.  I was excited to receive my gift and I love it.  Simply because it was picked out with me in mind.  And I am happy to say I've made a new friend.  This was a super fun experience!  I'm excited to see what everyone else got:-)  One more thing....here's the cute card she sent and ANOTHER BONUS:  A Starbucks gift card.  This girl is da bomb!!


 

4 comments:

  1. I love your goodies! Your girl hooked you up! Starbucks too?! Wha!! And I saw what you gave her earlier today.... Super cute. You did great! I live way out from town too so I totally understand about trying to find it all in one trip.
    Glad to be connected with you on here now too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha- you are too kind! I'm glad you found a sweet spot for the books. So glad to have gotten connected with you and look forward to continuing to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! what great goodies you got! wasn't this gift exchange so much fun? i loved it. :) lora

    ReplyDelete