Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Farewell to Summer

I can hardly believe my first official summer break since college is over.  It was a glorious 13 weeks. I saw 3 a.m. much too often.  I slept in and stayed in my PJ's more times than I can count.  I reveled in the knowledge that I had nothing to do and nowhere to be most days.  I started the summer with a list of projects and finished a few.  Some are still on my list and that's ok.  I will get to them eventually.  I enjoyed every moment (almost) with my boys.  I created a monster.  I have an almost 3-year-old who has become a major momma's boy.  And I must admit, I love that. 

This week is serving as a "prep" week if you will.  I've been to school working on my office and I have meetings tomorrow morning.  I felt a huge weight come over me tonight as I sat and came to the realization that all my luxurious free time is now a thing of the past.  Beginning Monday, it's back to reality.  School, homework, football practice, football games, crazy busy weekends when I try to pack a week's worth of house work in.  On top of all of this, I'm starting my Masters.  Yep, I'm just a little stressed thinking about it all.  I stood in my kitchen tonight and just felt completely overwhelmed.  I asked God to give me peace and He has.  I can only take each day as it comes, each moment as I enter it. 

I'm hoping to develop more routine in my house this fall.  My alarm is set for 5 am.  I'm determined to get that morning run and Bible study in.  I'm also determined to lead my boys in a Bible study/devotion each evening.  I admit, I'm probably the world's worst when it comes to consistency.  I know God is a God of order and I'm relying on Him to make these changes stick. 

So, I bid you farewell summer.  It won't be long and we'll see each other again.  Until them, I'll enjoy the crisp fall air.  I'll cheer my 7th grade Redskin and my 5th grade Colt on to victory.  I'll snuggle with my little man when it gets cold and sit with him in front of the fire.  We'll watch Christmas movies over and over and enjoy our days in the snow.  We'll celebrate birthdays.  We'll tackle Algebra and Pre-AP English (Lawd, help me!).  We'll play some basketball.  Maybe some baseball.  And before you know it summertime.....we'll be together again.   


No comments:

Post a Comment