Friday, July 20, 2012

Insta-Friday

I'm linking up for my first Insta-Friday.  Kind of exciting! 

We've spent the week recovering from from our vacation to Texas last week.  We ate entirely too much while there and lots of fried food so it was good to come home and eat some home grown veggies.


My husband works really hard on a garden each spring and it pays off.   This year we've had tons of squash and zucchini, potatoes, onions, jalapenos, bell peppers, banana peppers (not sure if that's the right name), & corn.  Yummy:-)

I got a nice surprise in the mail this week.  I ordered some jewelry from Laura @ Bits of Splendor and it came in.  Super cute.  Love it!  You should check our her shop it you haven't already.



It was time for a manicure when we got back.  I have my manicures done with the OPI gel polish.  It is great and lasts for around 2-2 1/2 weeks.  I had stopped getting my nails done when I switched jobs, but I just love it and decided to start again.  Just makes me feel more polished (no pun intended) and together.




We've been in desperate need of rain where I live and last night we had a pretty good thunderstorm.  So good in fact, that our power was out for an hour and a half.  Small price to pay so that the famers could get some much needed relief.  The boys and I were here alone and we decided to head to town to get something to eat since the lights were out.  On the way to town we saw the biggest and most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen.  It was possibly the only complete rainbow I've seen.  Some people in town actually got pictures of a double rainbow.  I didn't, but here's what I did get.



This was the sunset after the storm.  It was beautiful.



I went to my favorite flea market today and found so much stuff I wanted.  I came across this cute (already painted) magazine rack that perfectly matches the curtains in my 2-year-old's room.  I'm working on his transition to "big boy" room and I've decided to go with lots of bright colors.  I've ordered some prints from naptime diaries and I can't wait to get them in and get the room all together.  Here's my find.




I've been trying to decide what type of comforter to buy and honestly, all the ones I find that I like are ridiculously priced.  I was reading through some old posts @ The Vanilla Tulip the other night and was inspired by her philosophy to re-invent with items you already have.  I realized that my aunt just gave me an afghan my Granny made over 30 years ago and I had never even taken it out of the plastic.  I got it out and decided it will be perfect.  Lots of bright colors and made with tons of love.  It has much more value than anything store bought could ever have. 





And so I sit here on Friday night going back through my week in pictures while my little man sleeps beside me.  He had a long day.  He got up early to head out with Daddy and had no nap.  He crashed about an hour ago.  I'm hoping he sleeps through the night and doesn't decide that 11 pm is time to rise and shine.  They are just so precious when they sleep, aren't they?  He has my heart.







No comments:

Post a Comment