Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday, Monday.....Random Thoughts



Don't ya just love The Mamas & The Papas?  I know I sure do.  That song comes to my mind almost every Monday.  Just love it.  Another summer weekend has come and gone.  Someone at church reminded me that we only have 7 weeks left!!  7 weeks!  Say it ain't so! 


We are enjoying our summer and our time at home just doing whatever we feel like doing.  It's been wonderful down time for us.  I have watched 752 episodes of Caillou and 543 episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but hey....who's counting??


Next week we're heading out to see some family in God's country.  That's Texas, of course.  Can't wait.  As a little girl, I always said the air smelled different in Texas and I swear that it does.  I just love it there. 


It's been so hot here this last week.  Like 105 degrees hot (and that's late afternoon).  Missed a couple of days of running, but hopped back on the treadmill last night.  It felt great.  As hard as it is to get started sometimes, I'm always glad I did it afterward. 


We had revival services at our church last week and they were wonderful.  We had a different speaker each night, but in typical God fashion all the messages tied together.  We were truly blessed and challenged by God's Word. 


If you are looking for a Bible Study this summer, I recently ran across SheReadsTruth.  It's an online group of women from all over the world who are coming together to study God's Word through an app called You Version.  Right now we are studying "Living the Surrended Life" and it is a great study.  I encourage you to join in.  You'll be amazed at how the insights of other women encourage and inspire you. 


Well, those are my random thoughts on this Monday morning.....afternoon.  I'm still sitting here in my pajamas and I must say, it feels awesome:-)  Have a Marvelous Monday everyone!!










No comments:

Post a Comment