Saturday, June 16, 2012



First of all, this blog has absolutely NOTHING to do with quilts.  Or quilting.  Or the love of quilts.  I've recently been inspired by the blogs of several Christian women and decided to begin documenting my own journey.  I wanted to use the title "Beauty for Ashes", but low and behold, it was already taken.  I didn't have any other ideas, so I opened my Bible.  Actually, I opened my BRAND NEW Bible.  The one my dad gave me just yesterday.  It is a Bible for Mom's and sprinkled throughout it's pages are tidbits of wisdom for mothers.  One such tidbit was entitled "The Happy Quilt." Hmm.  Maybe?  I wasn't sold, but that seemed to be what God was pressing on my heart so I went with it.  In fact, my life (and everyone else's for that matter) are much like patchwork quilts, right?  Quilts are pieced together (by loving hands) from scrap pieces of fabric or old t-shirts or baby clothes or....well, you understand.  Isn't that a picture of what God does for us?  He pieces together the moments of our lives (the good, the bad, the scraps) and makes a lovely quilt.  Quilts are special, beautiful, and serve a PURPOSE.  What's that?  They serve a purpose?  Well, technically....yes!  Not only are they wonderful to look at, they serve to provide us warmth and comfort.  Ok God, yet another picture of the Christian's life.  We have PURPOSE!  Sometimes finding that purpose is what creates the pieces of our own individual quilt.  The triumphs, the defeats, the goof ups, the "getting ahead of God" moments, the tragedies, the sweet moments, and the life lessons all make up my quilt.  What about you?  Can you picture your life as a piece of art being quilted by Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment