Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Mercies & A Zebra Chair

Today, or this week rather, has been one of those days.  You know the ones.  The ones that make you feel like an epic failure.  Everything from my food choices to my parenting has made me feel like I'm losing any ground I had gained.  I've hit Mickey D's a couple of times and lost my cool when my soon to be teenage son responded in a not so polite manner.  Everytime I start to feel like I'm just not accomplishing what I'd like to, I remember that God's mercies are new every morning.  It reminds me of a quote from the PBS TV series Anne of Green Gables (a wonderful series I might add):  "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it."  Thank goodness!  It gives me hope and encouragment to know that God will give me new mercy tomorrow- the exact amount I will need to get through.  While I'll never be the perfect parent or completely conquer my junk food addiction, I can rejoice in the fact that I can count on Christ to bring me a little closer to my goals each day. 





Now, for some happy news.  I got a new zebra chair yesterday and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!  It is a wonderful place to sit and read or write my blog.  In fact, I'm sitting in it right now:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment