Friday, June 22, 2012

Flea Market Friday

This whole day has seemed like Saturday to me.  I guess that's because Randy has been off the past couple of Friday's and I'm still not used to him being home.  Buzz & I got up early this morning and headed out to a local jewelry shop and then decided to hit a couple of flea markets.  I've been back on my pinterest kick and also have found some inspiration from a couple of blogs I've been following.  I am looking to find vintage pieces I can bring back to life.  Let me just say, I should have been going to flea markets all along.  You never know what you'll find!  I found a vintage Ethan Allen hutch today, but unfortunately it was already sold.  I love to browse through all the booths hoping to find a diamond in the rough.  I did find a chair today for this project:




Amazingly enough, the seat was already out of the chair I found so that's one less step I'll have to take!  I went to Wal-Mart tonight and got some paint (very similar to this color).  I can't wait to get started on it! 

After our flea market stops, Buzz & I had lunch at the Polar Freeze (at his request) and then had to have the obligatory Tropical Sno:-)  It was a great day with one of my special boys. 

Oh, oh, AND.....I reached my goal today!!!  I ran/walked 4 miles!!  I'm so excited.  My ultimate goal is to completely run the 4 miles, but my mind hasn't caught up with my aspirations just yet.  But, I'll get there:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment